If you're an entrepreneur, you're a content creator. And today, thought leadership has become a required skill for leadership. In today's episode, Former VP of marketing for Thomas Nelson Publishing Chad Cannon shares his insights on what makes a great book.
Whether you're writing a self published book, blog, e-book, or a traditionally published novel packaging up that content well, will determine it's success. Chad shares not only what steps to consider when publishing a book, but how to think about successful content creation.
Key Takeaways From This Interview
- It's never too early to start marketing your book.
- Book evaluation is based on content, concept, and platform.
- Every book launch has 4 critical phases.
- If you're bored writing it, people will be bored reading it.
- Book titles should follow the premise/promise rule.
- Your book's content has to fit into cultural conversations that are already happening.
- Consistency always beast frequency.
Links For Chad Cannon:
Are You Ready To Write A Book?
It's my dream to help you chase yours. If you're ready to build a platform, write a book, launch a blog, or build a business but need some direction, consider our 12 month step-by-step coaching curriculum. See video below.