This interview is off-the-charts powerful.
The feeling of being unqualified to launch a business, start a non-profit, or chase a dream is common. But it can be a dangerous place. In this episode Steven Furtick and I close the gap between weaknesses and dreams.
Steven Furtick is a New York Times Bestselling Author and the Lead Pastor of one of the largest churches in America. His new book Unqualified dives deep on helping people realize the power of not feeling ready.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode
- Do you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?
- God can’t bless who you pretend to be. Our calling is often found in the journey of becoming comfortable with who we are, not who we think we should be.
- Feeling unqualified isn’t the problem, it’s your relationship with that feeling.
- If you don’t feel intimidated from time to time, you might not have a vision worth pursuing.
- We must look to our past to have the faith to push toward our future.
- If I changed anything, it would change everything, so I wouldn’t change anything.
- The internet can make 3 critics feel like 3,000. But in reality, it’s a few people with too much time on their hands.
What did you get out of today’s lesson? Anything that hit hard? Let me know in the comments below.