Are you looking to start a business that makes money in your sleep? A business that doesn’t start each month at $0.00? The you need to start an online membership business.
In today’s episode, I interview Stu Mclaren who is the leading expert on membership based business models.
About This Episode’s Guest
Stu is the Founder of Wishlist Member a software that turns WordPress blogs into memberships sites. Not only has Stu sold over 58,000 licenses of his software to entrepreneurs around the globe, but he also leads up multiple 7 figure online membership businesses.
In my interview, Stu and I discuss everything from entrepreneurial theory and family to the specific tactics in building a strong reoccurring revenue business online.
Here are some questions I ask Stu:
- What’s so great about membership models and why are so many people jumping into the space?
- If you had to break down the 4 pillars of a thriving membership model what would they be?
- Conversion Funnels have been the talk of the industry for a few years. Can you share what you’re finding to be an effective conversion funnel for your businesses?
- Who’s doing membership sites or course sites well? Who should we be following?
- What books would you recommend for an online entrepreneur to read?
- What is your favorite quote of all time.
Here are some key takeaways from the episode:
- Content isn’t king, usefulness is.
- When is the best time to start a business? 20 years ago. When’s the next best time? Today.
- If you’re wise and generous, don’t ever feel bad about making money.
- Great membership sites are made up of a dedication to: Customers, Content, Communication, and Consistency.
- Start small and stay consistent.
- The less you do, the more successful you’ll become.
- Use what you do for a greater good.
Important Links From The Show:
- Stu’s suggestion for great membership sites: StartupCamp.com, PlatformUniversity, Team Treehouse
- Stu’s suggestion for books to read: Jumpstart Your Brain, Jumpstart Your Business, The One Thing, Essentialism
- Where you can find Stu online: Stu.me
Do you want to start a membership based business? Do you have any questions? If so, let me know in the comments below.