Entrepreneurship calls for a season of intentionality that few have experienced. Every decision we make effects our trajectory. Finding balance between family and focus is hard and finding the energy to continue achieving while maintaining the discipline to say no, is even harder.
Today’s guest is the leader on this discipline. He’s the author of the New York Times Bestselling Book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. Greg Mckeown is also a keynote speaker for some small companies like Apple, Facebook, Google, Linkedin, SalesForce, and Twitter. No big deal. But beyond this, Greg is brilliant. His lessons cut through the clutter and offer true solutions to a current world.
In today's lesson we reflect at the consequences our ultra fast world has caused. We discuss both decision and emotional fatigue and how changing our mindset to achieve only what is absolutely essential, becomes critical.
In Our Interview You'll Learn:
- Why becoming an essentialist is essential for today's high performance leaders
- How to stop other people from prioritizing your life
- How to leverage the power of a delayed yes (genius)
- The secret of the 90% rule and why you need to use it today
Important Quotes From Our Lesson:
- Remember that if you don’t prioritize your life someone else will.
- Less = More & More = mediocre
- Don’t get too busy making a living you forget to make a life
- The way of the Essentialist means living by design, not by default.