How is it that some people are able to achieve far greater wealth, success, and freedom than others with same amount of time, same education, and same opportunities? Today's guest shares what makes the difference.
Carlos Whittaker is an entrepreneur, signed musician, viral video maker, author, and moment maker. In today's interview, we discuss ways to make the ordinary extraordinary. To make something from nothing. And to see the potential that most people miss.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode
- Mimic the masters
- When hearts change, direction changes, and when direction changes, lives change.
- If you're not ready prepared to capture ideas, you'll always be dreaming and never doing.
- Your must glance at life and gaze at God.
- You can live your life or it will live you.
- The most creative companies in the world are those with the smallest budgets.
- I've been too focused on the plan and not on the planner.
- Carlos's Book Moment Maker: Carlos explains his methodology for living intentionally and claiming moments that touch the lives of others, whether that be his family, his friends, his colleagues, or total strangers.
- Boundaries: Offers guidelines on how to recognize and establish healthy boundaries, while providing assistance on how to deal with such issues as disappointing others, saying no, and overcoming fear and guilt.
- Idea Spotting: Written in a punchy style with easily digestible single-page messages, the book inspires creativity simply through the way it looks and feels, but it is also packed with stories, interviews, quotes, tips, exercises, and real-world examples that show readers how to think outside the box.
What about you? Are you a moment maker? Or do you miss opportunities often? What stood out about this interview? Let me know in the comments below.
This Episode's Sponsor: Freshbooks. Get a free month trial (no credit card needed) just simple visit FreshBooks.com/StartupCamp and enter StartupCamp in the "How did you hear about us" section.