While most entrepreneurs are chasing tactics on making money, the best are finding ways to be more productive. This episode’s guest share how boundaries and healthy thinking are the true indicator of success.
In this lesson we talk with Dr. John Townsend, author of over 30 book with 10 million copies sold (no big deal). John is a executive psychologist to the world’s top high performance leaders. Our conversation takes us up a notch in how we think about influence, leadership, and productivity.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode
- People with structure don’t mind correction.
- Rules without relationship, leads to rebellion.
- Grace without truth is license. Truth without grace is judgement.
- Culture eats strategy for lunch.
- A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect.
- A boundary is a personal property line that marks those things for which we are responsible.
- You have to learn the difference between a need, which should be met, and an entitled desire, which should be starved.
- Meeting a need leads to life, and feeding an entitlement leads to destruction.
This Episode’s Sponsor: Freshbooks. Get a free month trial (no credit card needed) just simple visit FreshBooks.com/StartupCamp and enter StartupCamp in the “How did you hear about us” section.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving us a review on iTunes. These reviews really do help our exposure.
Did anything stick out to you? Anything you would like to add? Let me know in the comments below.