It’s impossible to be successful in business while remaining unsuccessful in relationships. Today’s guest teaches leaders that the art of influence is a matter of humility, hunger, and hustle.
In today’s episode we discuss the key lessons from his new book and how leaders should be considering humility as their main focus on their journey toward influence.
Lessons From Our Interview
- You don’t always get to do what you love; sometimes you have to force yourself to love what you do.
- There is a marked difference between a calling and an assignment, and failing to recognize it is a one-way ticket to the frustration station.
- Many leaders don’t inspire their people because they don’t have anything inspirational to say.
- Be willing to sacrifice for someone else’s benefit.
- People would rather follow a leader who is real versus a leader who is always right.
- Your realness will attract the next generation way more than your relevancy.
- The legacy of your influence relies significantly, though not completely, on how well the organization thrives AFTER you leave.
Important Links From The Show
Looking to start your own business?
Finding success begins with taking a step. A dream without action is merely a wish. If you’re looking to lead with results and to create a business that fuels your passions, consider enrolling in our 12 month, online entrepreneur and leadership coaching program.