Whether you like it or not, if you own a business you communicate for a living. From email and social media to blogging and marketing, writing has become a critical ingredient to the success recipe. Today's guest shares his simple steps on amplifying our words and impacting our readers.
Jeff Goins is one of the few people I follow on how to increase the effectiveness of my writing. He’s also the national bestselling author of multiple books, an entrepreneur, and a teacher of crafting beautiful words.
Our conversation is filled with useful tactics to boost your confidence and increase the effectiveness of your writing.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode:
- The more one reads, the more one sees the need to read.
- What's obvious to you is amazing to others.
- If you're bored writing it, people will be bored reading it.
- Clarity isn't a destination, it's a habit.
- Your story matters more than you think.
- All first drafts suck, get over it already.
- Writing is about showing, not telling.
- For every hundred words I write (which might take about 10 minutes to spit out), I spend about 30 to 60 minutes of editing and rewriting
This Episode's Sponsor: Freshbooks. Get a free month trial (no credit card needed) just simple visit FreshBooks.com/StartupCamp and enter StartupCamp in the "How did you hear about us" section.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving us a review on iTunes. These reviews really do help our exposure.
Did anything stick out to you? Anything you would like to add? Let me know in the comments below.