Welcome To Episode #3 of Season 8
Like anything, a good presentation comes with a good structure. In this episode, TED advisor Nancy Duarte shares her process for creating compelling talks that move people.
Nancy is the co-brains behind some of the world’s most infamous presentations. Her company Duarte.com and their team of 120 employees have worked with Al Gore, ESPN, Twitter, Cisco, Hewlett Packard, The Food Network, and many others.
In today’s episode, Nancy unpacks what she calls a “Venture Scape”. A process of transferring a compelling story to others found in her new book “Illuminate: Ignite Change Through Speeches, Stories, Ceremonies, and Symbols”.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode:
- If they knew what you knew, they would do as you do.
- The future isn’t a place we’re going to go; it’s a place you get to create.
- Words that are carefully framed and spoken are the most powerful means of communication.
- Life is counterintuitive. Don’t forget that.
- Love others as you love yourself.
- I had to like myself before I could love others.
- Healed people heal people.
Watch Nancy’s TED Talk
Did you enjoy our conversation? Anything stand out? Let me know in the comments below.
This episode’s sponsor: Flyp. An incredible solution for separating your business number and personal number right on your smartphone. Flyp offers high-quality text and talk that gives you a professional business line without getting another phone. It’s super quick to get started, just download the app, choose your area code, and you’re all set! To claim your free Flyp phone number just go to GetFlyp.com/StartupCamp