Content marketing is the future of brand influence. We must build a relationship with our audience by providing them consistent, useful content that improves their life. This episode’s guest is a pioneer in this way of thinking and he shares what he’s learned on doing it well.
Brian Clark is the founder of Copyblogger.com and Rainmaker Media which is currently the technical backbone of our platform here at StartupCamp. Interestingly, Brian’s company operates different than most, all of his 60 full-time employees work from their homes all around the world. Their mission is to serve entrepreneurs in optimizing their platforms with the use of incredible content.
In our interview, Brian shares some powerful tips for those looking to build an audience. But more than that, he shares his insights on thinking like a scalable entrepreneur.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode
- We must build an audience before we launch a product.
- Content marketing is like dating; don’t pop the question too early.
- The middle way is no way.
- Take time to groom your audience for income.
- It doesn’t matter how many people hit your site; it’s how many people come back that counts.
- “We don’t make movies to make more money; we make money to make more movies.” – Walt Disney
This Episode’s Sponsor: Freshbooks. Get a free month trial (no credit card needed) just simple visit FreshBooks.com/StartupCamp and enter StartupCamp in the “How did you hear about us” section.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving us a review on iTunes. These reviews really do help our exposure.
Did anything stick out to you? Anything you would like to add? Let me know in the comments below.