The American dream used to be getting a secure job, working from 9-5, and retiring. For most of us, especially people born in the 80’s and 90’s, this is the American nightmare.
Instead, the next generation of workers desire freedom, purpose, and significance. So in today’s episode, I’m going to speak to how aspiring entrepreneurs should be thinking about their job.
Powerful Quotes From This Episode
- Your job is financial fuel for your dream.
- Starting a business against the will of your spouse is a spirit of independence and a sign of selfishness.
- Peak performance is predicated on an intense reason to perform.
- Do not associate with those given to CHANGE; For their calamity will rise suddenly.
- Discipline is doing things we don’t necessarily like, in order to achieve something you love.
- There is a cost to building a business while working a day job. The question is, are you willing to make the payments?
- You have to realize we can find time by removing items we think are necessary, but in reality are luxuries.
- A budget is telling your money where to go, instead of wondering where it went.
- I read my eyes out and can’t read half enough. The more one reads, the more one sees the need to read.
- You must never expect your job to fund your dreams. Your dreams are probably bigger than your paycheck.
Ready To Start A Business While Working A Job?
Success requires two things: A dream and discipline. But one thing remains true… A dream without action is merely a wish. If you’re looking to take control of your life and to create a business that fuels your passions, consider enrolling in our 12 month, online entrepreneur and leadership coaching program.
Do you struggle with having a full time job? Has having a job taught you any valuable lessons? If so, let me know in the comments below.