MARKETING · BRANDING · SOCIAL
An hour with me can save you
a year of mistakes.
CONFERENCES · EVENTS · WORKSHOPS
Have me keynote on branding, marketing, or entrepreneurship.
NATIONAL BESTSELLING AUTHOR
Pick up a copy of my recent bestselling book People Over Profit.
My quick story
I was born in 1985 to a blue collar worker and a stay-at-home mother. We lived in Southern California where I was convinced I was to be a professional baseball player.
After a high school pitching injury shifted my dream, I found myself unemployable (I was fired from 15 jobs). It was a confusing time. But after seeing this quote in an old book given to me by my Grandmother, I started my first business.
If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to build theirs.
Since then, I've launched over a half dozen multi-million dollar companies. From a rock-climbing gym and a conference company to a branding agency and a multi-million dollar e-commerce business.
In 2014, my wife and I decided to sell the majority of the stock in our companies to simplify our life. We left Orange County to raise our family on a small farm overlooking glacier-capped mountains in Oregon.
Today, I've shifted my mission from starting companies to teaching others how to start theirs. To help people create the business and family they love. To chase their dreams and fulfill their purpose.
fun facts about me
- My favorite T.V. show is Everybody Loves Raymond.
- I've visited 31 of the 50 states.
- I cried when my daughter was born.
- Jack Dorsey invited me to lunch with him.
- I never went to college and became a millionaire at 27.
- I anticipate I'll be a pastor at some point.
- I've seen a plane crash before.
- Mark Zuckerberg knows who I am :)
- My wife and I hope to have at least 8 kids.
- We own a miniature Donkey named Diego
I’VE BEEN A TRUSTED ADVISOR TO MANY COMPANIES
“I focus less on the ever-changing tactics of entrepreneurship, and more on the timeless lessons of leadership development. I believe the majority of the struggle in launching a startup stems from our personal immaturities, not our tactical incompetencies.”
- I’m a Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Amazon, Inc. Magazine, and Publisher’s Weekly Bestselling Author
- My companies have produced over $25 million in revenue and donated over $4 million to charity.
- I've been featured on the cover of Entrepreneur Magazine.
- I gave the opening keynote for Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook's annual conference.
- This blog receives over 350,000 monthly readers
- With over 1 million followers on social media, Huffington Post named me one of the top social media influencers for this generation
- In 2015, Inc. Magazine named my podcast top 10 business podcasts for the year.
JOIN 65,000+ entrepreneurs I HELP EACH WEEK
Get my tips on turning your idea into a business every Wednesday.