8 Common Website Design Blunders Made By Small Businesses

A website is no longer an extension of your business, it’s often the business itself. Therefore, a small mistake here can create large problems for your future.

In this episode, Aaron and I discuss 8 common website design mistake made by small businesses, their solutions, and how to avoid them altogether.

You have to login or enroll to view this content

Comments

1. Aaron Roe says:

There is truly outstanding content here Dale!
    No doubt many of us have seen many of these issues, but to have them tied to common-sense solutions helps me see competitive advantage in just executing these basics well.

Thanks for getting this out.

Aaron

2. Ihsaan Ali says:

Dale you guys mentioned the importance of customer service x easy accessibility when in need. I experienced this myself getting started with Startup Camp. It was awesome to get a call back and a solution to my problem within a short period of time. I was floored and knew without a doubt I had made the right decision!!! You guys ROCK!!!

• Thanks Ihsaan! Really appreciate your feedback. We’re working hard over here. 😉

3. Michael Murphy says:

Another great video thank you for sharing!

I will have to revisit when I am start to design my website,

I look forward to watching the next video,

Regards

Michael

4. Elijah Elkins says:

Really helpful! Thanks so much. This is definitely the most valuable course I’ve ever taken, and I just got started. That includes my entire bachelor’s degree.

Glad to see Mikey Anderson featured on here! I almost moved to Seattle to do an internship with him 4-5 years ago when he was with The Resurgence. Great guy!

5. This video alone was worth my payment this month! Thank you! I love that you were specific about simple changes that can be made to improve the consumer experience. I’ve been wanting to update my site, but wasn’t sure which direction to head. This has definitely given me some great places to start! Would love to see a video about converting site traffic to sales.

• Wow that is so awesome Dezerai! Glad to be of help. 🙂

6. Great Video Dale/Aaron! I have noted the comment about putting what you are about on your website. When you go to PatienceFaithReward.com it isn’t spelled out in the header. It may be intuitive by the theme, but should I put a banner or something that states what I am about or should I just put an “About” page or both?

• Hey Joelle,

I would find some way to identify what you talk about. Also, add a “start here” button.

7. I definitely took lots of notes on this one and have quite a few things to update on my blog tomorrow. Thanks for all these great tips!!

8. Marcel Benoit says:

Boom. Super informative. Loved this, especially the epic quote at the end dale.

9. Angie Tolpin says:

Yep. Well, now I need to ask you what you would suggest I do when I go hack my blog and revamp it.
    #1- Make sure I have no “pretty” script fonts that are difficult to read. I AM SO GUILTY of this! Totally convicted about using self-control over “pretty fonts.” I laughed so hard when Aaron said, “I’d rather my reader like reading my content, than thinking it’s pretty.” I am totally quoting him on this in some of my mastermind groups when I promote your start-up came Dale. There is SO much great content here.

10. Jesse Nelson says:

I really like the physiological talk related to how a site should look. I’ve been changing font size on my site because of these factors. It’s not quite where I want it, but getting better do to your content her. Thanks again Dale.